We are required to screen all volunteers who will be:
- serving on our board of directors
- interacting with minors (i.e. head coaches, assistant coaches, clinicians, adult chaperones)
- entrusted with performing financial duties (e.g. team treasurers)
Screening involves obtaining:
- The results of a criminal record review (see options below)
- (For softball volunteers) A Softball BC Volunteer Disclosure Form (please email to email@example.com)
Criminal Record Review
There are a few ways you can do this:
Method 1: Online Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP)
Beacon Hill is enrolled in the online Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP). You can complete the application online in about 5 minutes and the result is sent directly to Beacon Hill.
To complete the application, click the following link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/. You will be prompted for Beacon Hill’s unique access code which is: PGS4ATK5H9
Method 2: Electronic Police Information Check
You can request a Police Information Check from the Victoria Police online. The process is simple and the result will be emailed back to you. Send the PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Method 3: Request a Police Information Check In Person
You can also request a Police Information Check in person at the Victoria Police Department. (More info >) Bring your ID and the request letter below. If the results are returned to you instead of being sent directly to Beacon Hill, please email the result to email@example.com.